The GoPromotional.com Blog has been covering the results recent study about the effects of receiving promotional products that was published by the British Promotional Merchandise Association (BPMA). They survey results show conclusive evidence of a direct correlation between promotional merchandise and an increase in sales and brand awareness, especially because recipients keep promotional products for a long period of time. The study also showed that investing in promotional gifts as a form of advertising delivers an equal or higher return on investment as other marketing strategies. This was the first study done of its kind and we are pleased to present the findings here to show you the value of promotional merchandise.
The survey randomly selected 14,728 adults who were screened on receiving promotional items at either work or home, also uncovered the sentiment involved in receiving branded gifts. More than half of the survey participants said that their opinion of a brand or company was more favourable after receiving a promotional product. The survey showed that promotional products make it more likely that the recipient will do business with the company in the future. In addition they have a greater recollection and awareness of the brand.
If hearing from the recipients isn’t enough, here are some results from other marketers who used promotional products as part of their marketing strategy.
What were their results?
Here are some insights from marketers as to how promotional products brought success to their marketing program. When asked about the main reasons why promotional merchandise is used in sales and marketing campaigns as opposed to other strategies or incentives, 69%of respondents said that it is because it ‘targets customers effectively’, 52% stated that it is because the ‘brand message lasts longer’ and 46% said because of its ‘ability to create loyalty’. Respondents also commented that “It’s an excellent way of getting the clients attention. We can demonstrate the brand attributes we want to get across,” and “For a cascade promotion, if we send items to X they pass them out to their customers who might also sign up. It builds relationships and goodwill.”
Other key findings highlighted by the research:
- Promotional merchandise can deliver a higher or equal ROI than most forms of advertising
- 66% of respondents said they could remember the brand on the promotional product they received during the last year
- 79% said they were likely to do business with the company in the future
- 8 out of 10 (84 per cent) respondents said that a branded promotional gift increases brand awareness
- Over three quarters (87 per cent) of recipients said they kept a promotional gift for longer than 12 months
- Over half (56 per cent) of respondents said their opinion of the brand/company was more favourable after receiving the promotional product
You may also like: Promotional products work